DevOps is the next evolution of agile methodologies. Move to Continuous Delivery, realizing better throughput, resilient systems, and faster time to market. DevOps Services help drive a culture of “Everything as Code”, creating harmony in cloud operations.
DevOps is a modern methodology with a combination of tools and practices that increases an organization’s ability to deliver products and services at a faster pace without compromising the quality of the software. The speed allows organizations to better compete in the market and enhance customer experience. A cultural shift that brings development and operations teams together. DevOps is a practice that involves a cultural change, new management principles, and technology tools that help to implement best practices. When it comes to a DevOps tools, organizations should look for tools that improve collaboration, reduce context-switching introduce automation, and leverage Observability and monitoring to ship better software, faster. Using this approach often leads to increased time efficiency and reduces time to market.
How to Help with DevOps Services
Datacloud DevOps consulting services are the cornerstone of modern software development. Our DevOps engineers incorporate DevOps processes in your organization and use modern tools that complement our frameworks. We automate your cloud infrastructure and processes while ensuring continuous delivery and continuous integration to quickly get your product to the market. Our industry-leading DevOps services and market-validated DevOps best practices bring a feature-rich product to the market in a lower timeframe and cost.
Regardless of the type of DevOps toolchain an organization uses, a DevOps process needs to use the right tools to address the key phases of the DevOps lifecycle:
- Discover:Building software is a team sport. In preparation for the upcoming sprint, teams must workshop to explore, organize, and prioritize ideas. Ideas must align to strategic goals and deliver customer impact. Agile can help guide DevOps teams.
- Plan:DevOps teams should adopt agile practices to improve speed and quality. Agile is an iterative approach to project management and software development that helps teams break work into smaller pieces to deliver incremental value.
- Build:Git is a free and open source version control system. It offers excellent support for branching, merging, and rewriting repository history, which has led to many innovative and powerful workflows and tools for the development build process.
- Test:Continuous integration (CI) allows multiple developers to contribute to a single shared repository. When code changes are merged, automated tests are run to ensure correctness before integration. Merging and testing code often help development teams gain reassurance in the quality and predictability of code once deployed.
- Deploy: Continuous deployment (CD) allows teams to release features frequently into production in an automated fashion. Teams also have the option to deploy with feature flags, delivering new code to users steadily and methodically rather than all at once. This approach improves velocity, productivity, and sustainability of software development teams.
- Operate: Manage the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers. This includes the practices involved in design, implementation, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure that supports an organization’s services.
- Observe:Quickly identify and resolve issues that impact product uptime, speed, and functionality. Automatically notify your team of changes, high-risk actions, or failures, so you can keep services on.
- Operate Continuous feedback:DevOps teams should evaluate each release and generate reports to improve future releases. By gathering continuous feedback, teams can improve their processes and incorporate customer feedback to improve the next release.
The DevOps lifecycle consists of eight phases representing the processes, capabilities, and tools needed for development (on the left side of the loop) and operations (on the right side of the loop). Throughout each phase, teams collaborate and communicate to maintain alignment, velocity, and quality.